Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies ~ Fun Holiday Treat
Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies are so much fun to make and to eat. My friend showed me these cookies and I fell in love with them. These are so cute and festive for the holidays. They taste pretty good too. All you need to make these cute cookies is sugar cookie mix or your own favorite homemade recipe for them, powdered sugar, vanilla, a bag of marshmallows, cooking spray, and a few different color icings with icing tips. As you can see in the pictures ours are not perfect, but that is the fun of making these cookies. Everyone can participate making their own version and they are still adorable. Some of my cookies got a little extra tan around the edges, but they were delicious and that just added character to the snowmen.
Here is what you will need to make these Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies:
- 1 Package Sugar cookie mix or your own homemade recipe
- 10-12 marshmallows
- Cooking Spray
- An assortment of icing and decorating gel, your choice of colors and textures
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ tsp clear vanilla
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
Prepare your cookie dough as directed on the package or as you normally do with your own homemade recipe. Form balls with the dough and flatten into about 1/4 inch thick rounds so they are a little uneven. Remember you are making melting snowmen, so you want them to be a little off looking. Bake as directed on package. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the ¾ cup powdered sugar, 2 tsp milk, ½ tsp clear vanilla, and 1 tsp light corn syrup together and drizzle over the cookies allowing a little to run over he edges for the melting effect.
- Spray a microwave safe plate with cooking spray.
- Place marshmallows on the plate and microwave for 13-18 seconds just until starting to puff.
- Remove from microwave and place one on each cookie, you can squish and position any way you like them.
- Gather the family around for the fun part.
- Get your icings and gels out and have fun. Remember you cannot mess them up because they are melting so should look a little messy and have their own personalities.
- Hope you enjoy making these as much as we did.
Be sure to check the coupon database to see if there are any coupons available for the items on your ingredients list that you don’t have already!