Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds Recipe
This Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds Recipe is a favorite here in our house during the hot summer months when we do not feel like big hot and heavy meals. This chicken salad is great served on a bed of lettuce with other fresh veggies on the side, but is also good with crackers or this homemade Parmesan Herb Flatbread. This never lasts long in our house. It is one of those dishes that you get all ready to have a little and when you get to the fridge you find someone else had the same idea.
I like to use roasted chickens from the store to make chicken salad with toasted almonds recipe because it is quick, easy and gives it a little added flavor. Not to mention, when I find a good deal on deli roasted chickens and buy a few this recipe is a good way to use them. I was thinking I wanted to make chicken salad this week and was going to pull a chicken out of the freezer to bake. Well, I forgot to take it out before leaving to run errands and shop. I got lucky being in the right place at the right time and was able to pick up whole roasted chickens for $2.49 each. If I don’t get lucky finding them at a good price I just roast my own.
I make a few different versions of this Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds Recipe because I love to play with spices and ingredients. Some things I add are onion powder, garlic powder (just a touch), dry ground mustard, and once in a while a little dill. I am thinking I might like to try dried cranberries in the next batch. If you make this salad using any interesting additions we would love for you to share with us in the comments section below. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Here is what you will need to make this Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds Recipe:
4-5 cups cubed or torn cooked and chilled chicken
1½ cups seedless green grapes, halved
1 cup celery, diced
½ cup sliced green onions
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
½ cup mayonaise
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs.
- In another bowl mix the mayo, sour cream, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture gently stirring to mix.
- Cover and place in fridge to chill while you toast the almonds.
- Spread sliced almonds on a cookie sheet
- Place in preheated oven and let roast about 5-10 minutes until toasted and lightly browned.
- Remove salad from fridge, sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce surrounded with other veggies of your choice or with crackers as a snack.
Below is the printable version of this Chicken Salad With Toasted Almonds recipe. Be sure to check the coupon database to see if there are any coupons available for the items on your ingredients list that you don’t have already!
If you try out this recipe leave us a comment below to let us know how you like it! We would love to know the details if you created your own variation!
- 4-5 cups cubed or torn cooked and chilled chicken
- 1½ cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup mayonaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted