Publix Coupon Policy
- Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon.
- We only accept coupons for identical items we sell.
- We only accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor’s coupon on the same item. Maximum of two coupons per item.
- Manufacturer’s digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer’s paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- We do not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
- We do not accept coupons that Publix determines to be printed incorrectly. For example, a coupon missing a size requirement or other standard coupon details.
- We do not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device.
- We do not accept coupons that appear to be copied. All coupons must be originals.
- For a buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day, per household.
- Manager’s approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.
- Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor’s coupon per day, per household. The total order before coupons must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented. We consider competitor’s coupons for dollars off groups of items to be a dollars-off-total-order coupon and will only allow one per day, per household.
- Money due back to the customer at the end of a transaction involving coupons will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
Our management teams will only issue rain checks for items which are advertised outside the store at a reduced retail. For example, on radio or TV, or in our weekly ad, co-op ad, mailer, or Internet site.
- We will only issue one rain check, per day, per household for an item.
- We will not issue rain checks for Publix, competitor’s, or manufacturer’s coupons. (in other words, you get the raincheck for the advertised sale price and then per one of the FAQ’s, they will take
Publix further clarifies the Publix Coupon Policy with some additional Q & A
Publix Coupon Policy FAQ’s on Competitor Coupons
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?
Yes. We’re happy to accept a coupon for a competitor’s private label product because it’s a chance to introduce you to our terrific Publix brand.
Will Publix accept a buy-one-get-two-free coupon from a Publix competitor?
Yes. If you’re purchasing the identical merchandise at Publix, we’ll accept BOGO and buy-one-get-two-free coupons from competitors’ stores.
Does Publix accept prescription coupons from all pharmacies or only from your listed competitors?
Publix accepts coupons for prescriptions from all local retail pharmacies.
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a free $5 gift card with the purchase of an item or items?
For example, a coupon for “Buy both Raid Max Bug Barriers 1 gallon Starter Kit and Refill, Receive a $5 store gift card.”
Yes, if we carry the identical items named on the coupon, you’ll receive a $5 Publix gift card with the required purchase.
Publix Coupon Policy FAQ’s on Coupon Redemption
How does Publix define a household?
Publix defines a household as a single family. (Children can’t redeem coupons if their parent already redeemed the maximum amount allowed for their household that day.)
Publix won’t accept coupons that appear to be copied. What does a copied coupon look like?
If a coupon is photocopied, some of its security features may be missing, causing the coupon to be illegible or blurry. Copied coupons may also be off-center or have copy machine lines running through them.
Do I have to have a physical coupon for every offer I want to redeem?
Yes. You must have a physical copy of the coupon that you want to redeem.
Can I redeem more than eight coupons per day if I buy several flavors or varieties of a product?
No. We’ll only accept eight of the same coupons per day, per household, regardless of the flavors or varieties of a product you purchase.
Publix Coupon Policy FAQ’s on Coupon Stacking
Can a store coupon, competitor coupon, and manufacturer’s coupon all be used for one item?
No. A manufacturer’s coupon can be combined with a Publix coupon or with a competitor’s coupon, but not both.
Will Publix take a manufacturer’s coupon attached to an item along with an additional manufacturer’s coupon?
Sorry, but no. Publix will take an additional Publix or competitor’s coupon, but we can only take one manufacturer’s coupon for an item, regardless of where the coupon came from.
Can a “$1 off the purchase of two items” manufacturer’s coupon be used with another manufacturer’s coupon?
No. When the manufacturer issues a “$1 off the purchase of two items” coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. So, because you have to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements, a manufacturer’s coupon has already been applied to both items.
Can a BOGO manufacturer’s coupon be used with another manufacturer’s coupon?
No. When the manufacturer issues a BOGO coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. So, because you have to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements, a manufacturer’s coupon has already been applied to both items.
Publix Coupon Policy FAQ’s on Dollars-Off-Total-Order Coupons
A competitor on a store’s approved list is offering a $5 off a $25 order coupon when I sign up to receive communications from them. Will Publix take this coupon?
Yes. You’ve already signed up with the competitor to receive the coupon, so now all you have to do is purchase $25 worth of groceries.
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon that indicates I must present my retailer rewards card to use the coupon?
Yes. Publix doesn’t require you use a reward card, but we would be happy to honor this coupon if you meet the other purchase requirements on the coupon.
Can I use gas card coupons and dollars-off-total-order coupons in the same transaction?
Yes. The purchase requirements for both coupons will be combined, meaning if you must spend $50 to redeem the gas card coupon and $50 to redeem the dollars-off-total-order coupon, you must spend $100 to redeem both.
Publix Coupon Policy FAQ’ regarding Rain Checks and Coupons
I have a rain check and a coupon for an item, but the coupon is now expired, though it was valid on the date the rain check was issued. Can I still use the coupon on the item?
Yes, Publix will accept the coupon that was valid on the date the rain check was issued.